As an ESL teacher, I’ve worked with kindergarteners to corporate executives. Teaching, owning my own business and working in digital media have all given me special skills, like managing projects with many moving parts, coaching, designing learning materials, managing virtual learning environments and researching the Internet for free instructional materials.
- Copywriting & blogging
- Translations & interpretations
- Teaching & training
- Public relations & project management
Spanish and English native speaker fluency. Basic Portuguese and Italian.
Freelance Consultant/Trainer, online/Mexico May 2003 – PRESENT
- Review and enhance digital learning materials using cloud-based and native CMS platforms.
- Create learning materials and provide English as a Second Language training to corporate officers, executives, IT, HR and marketing professionals.
- Design and apply assessments, provide feedback and prepare students for standardized tests.
- Coach students in learning strategies and stress management.
- Develop and produce online classes.
Executive Assistant/Project Manager, IAinteractive, Mexico June 2015 – June 2016
- Project management: business inteligence projects, web pages, and mobile applications.
- Administrative support: travel plans, visas, etc.
- Bilingual copywriting & translations: marketing proposals, letters, website content, briefs, presentations for digital media services.
- Quality assurance for English language social media content.
- Coordinate, plan & support at public relations and networking events.
- Design training seminars.
Corporate Educator, Instituto Tecnológico de Monterrey, Mexico June 2013 – May 2015
- Executive training using Harvard Business School courses.
- TOEFL iBT prep and ESL coaching for business executives.
- One to one class design focusing on communication skills for business settings.
Online ESL Teacher, Oxford Connect, Spain, May 2012 – April 2014
- Design and deliver CEFR and TOEFL iBT classes.
- Manage learning materials using virtual learning environments, Google Docs and other cloud-based services.
- Manage front-end CMS platform.
Entrepreneur, Nänä Collective, Mexico, September 2009-January 2012
- Created content for marketing campaigns using Google Adwords in English and Spanish.
- Completed university business incubator program with a business plan focused on sustainable development, environmentally friendly practices and fair trade.
- Designed and developed coconut fiber and natural fabric products in collaboration with a network of small-scale women run seamstress workshops.
- Created an online presence using social media to educate and promote local business, fair trade practices,and sustainable living.
Canisius College, Buffalo, NY. Bachelor of Arts, International Relations & Spanish.